Name for the new tool

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 06:19:11 PST 2004

Boris Buegling wrote on 16 December 2004 14:25
>Mornin',

Afternoon ;)

>we are just trying to decide on a name for new ALFS tool. The folks who
>are in #alfs-dev agreed that nALFS2 wouldn't be an accurate name,
>because the tool is not based on the old nALFS and Neven isn't a part of
>the team anymore. We'd also want a non-mooLFS name for change :)
>
>My person top 5:
>
>1) Moongoo (obvious, wasn't it?)
>2) cALFSkin (still mooLFS, but punny)
>3) lair (Linux Automated Installation Ressource)
>4) amass (Automated Manipulation of ALFS Simple Syntax or Automatic
>Moongoo Alterations of Super Squirrels)
>5) assparser (ALFS simple syntax parser)
>
>Any comments are welcome.

I think 2 is a bit naff and 5 is just not really possible. Personally don't
like lair so from the 5 it would be Moongoo or amass. Out of the two, amass
seems more professional although I'm not convinced its the right choice. I'd
like to see something that isn't part of an acronym.

>Boris Buegling <boris at icculus.org>

	--	Jamie