SRS

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Tue Dec 14 07:13:43 PST 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> This obviously isn't anything concrete - consider it your 'starters
> for 10' :)
>
> What I envisioned happening was that the LFS Book would contain a mix
> of DocBook and nALFS tags.  The LFS stylesheets would add a
> customisation layer that would render the information provided in the
> nALFS tags into appropriate human-readable output.  The nALFS tool
> would then simply parse the book, picking out all the nALFS tags,
> throwing away the DocBook ones, and doing what it needs to do.

Sorry if I'm being a little slow here, but a couple of things:

1) Do you really mean nALFS, or are you referring to the next
generation, ie, the addtional tags that NeoCool defined?

2) I thought I understood that in the XML world, if a parser doesn't
understand a tag or attribute, it just ignores it. So why do we need to
use a new Schema definition? (I'm sure there's something I'm not
understanding correctly here. ;) )

--
Jeremy Huntwork