[RFC] LFS Profiles: Config directory change

Sébastien Maerten maerten.sebastien at laposte.net
Wed Dec 8 23:40:05 PST 2004

Thomas Pegg wrote:
> to move the current config_sepearate directory to config plus a note to
> be put
> in the README recommending backing up the config directory somewhere
> prior to
> making modifications to it.
>
> If no one objects to this change, it will be made effective to all LFS
> profiles,
> including the soon to be released 6.0 profile.
>
> What do you all think??

No problem for me, but please, just make an intentional mistake so that
the users **needs** to edit the config files. On config directory only
is a good thing IMHO, but the wrongly named directories had the
advantage of forcing the user to think of his configuration files. I
don't know what might happen if a user just runs nALFS LFS-6.0.xml, but
I really think it should not be possible to run this profile without
having edited the config files.