Parsing the LFS book as a profile

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 3 07:54:31 PST 2004

Hui Zhou wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 01:13:09PM +0100, Boris Buegling wrote:
>
>> The BookAsProfile is intended to be an additional syntax not a
>> replacement for the current or other possible syntaxes (moongoo
>> supports 4 syntaxes ATM, one of them the old nALFS syntax).
>

> I am very confused so far. I first thought you guys are tring to
> translate the book into nALFS profile automatically. Now it seems you
> guys are just tring to let nALFS feed on the book or the commands
> extracted out the book, or are you guys not talkinging about nALFS at
> all?
> What is moongoo?

Read the beginning message on this thread again to find out what moongoo
is.  But the idea so far is just to show that the commands can be pulled
from the LFS book into a usable format.  If we went this route and used
this function it would be for the next ALFS tool we'll be developing
shortly.

--
Jeremy Huntwork