Parsing the LFS book as a profile

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 3 07:29:23 PST 2004

Daniel Baumann wrote:

> This is what i don't get. How do you want to have all these things
> together in one profile, means: how to use on the one hand the
> lfs-book as a parsable vanilla profile, and those 'additional
> feautures' on the other?
>
> you already said, you don't want to have seperate profiles. how then?

You seemed to have missed the bit I said about being able to manipulate
(add, edit, remove, etc.) the commands after the base LFS book has been
parsed.  There are a number of ways to do this, it's really not a
showstopper.  When the book is parsed you have all the commands and
their structure sitting in memory for you to do *whatever* you want with
them! Edit them and save them back into memory, print them out, have
them do a funky dance across your screen, send them as spam to a
thousand people - whatever.  The point is that you *have* the LFS book
commands in the palm of your hands ready to do your bidding, all without
having to write up lengthy complicated profiles to mimic the commands
already in the book.

--
Jeremy Huntwork