some things to do...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 2 06:39:41 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 07:09, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> it is stupid in from my pov to copy the packages from $somewhere to the
> lfs-partition, which uses additional space on it.

I personally consider it a requirement that the packages be available on
the end result system. Especially if the host system and the system
you're building are not the same (ie: when using a bootcd to build
from). If you ever need to rebuild something and you fid youself without
network access, it'd be nice to have the tarballs local on the system.

--
Gerard Beekmans