Annoying SVN Problem -- My Fault?

Keith Moore keithmo at exmsft.com
Tue Aug 31 16:06:24 PDT 2004

I've been trying to capture the entire ALFS SVN repository by executing:

    svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS ALFS

This works great for the other LFS projects, but when I try this with
ALFS I get the following messages:

    Fetching external item into
    'lfs.svn/ALFS/profiles/LFS/branches/syntax-3.2/DTD'
    Checked out external at revision 1519.

    Fetching external item into
    'lfs.svn/ALFS/profiles/BLFS/tags/before-xincludes/DTD'
    svn: URL 'svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/trunk/DTD'
    doesn't exist

At this point, the svn operation stops.

Is this an acceptable way to retrieve the entire repository?
Is this symptomatic of a problem on the svn server?

Thanks!

Keith Moore