LFS-5.1.1 profile problems

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 31 06:30:54 PDT 2004

Dorin Lazar wrote:

>   I have run the nALFS 1.2.4 with 5.1.1 profile and I have failures while
> checking for the md5sum of packages - although the md5sum in the
> config/packages.ent and the md5sum (as run in the command line) correspond.

If you don't tell us what these "failures" are, it's very hard for us to
help you. We are not telepathic :-)

The most common reason for this problem is that the package files have
inadequate permissions; if you are using the "packages tarball" this is
very likely your problem, and is documented in the profile README file,
as well as in the mailing list archives.