running a command in nALFS segfaults,but not manually

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 25 07:24:44 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 19:32, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Is that extra whitespace in the profile, or just the result of
> line-wrapping?

it's extra white space.

However, it doesn't make a difference, I also tried this:

<textdump>
blah
</textdump>

Essentially I created a bash script with textdump, chmdo 755 it and ran
it using <execute command="./script.sh"/> -- it also segfaulted that
way.

> Are you also running inside a chroot in the profile? If so, your
> environment will have been wiped, but that would not necessarily be true
> when running manually. May not be relevant, though.

Correct. Maybe it is relevant I'll see if I can check it out.

> Just to be clear here, was the strace/regxpcom process itself killed by
> signal 11 here, or the nALFS child process? It appears that regxpcom
> itself died, which would mean that the segmentation fault is not
> occurring inside nALFS code, but in the child process.

regxpcom segfaulted yes. nALFS itself was unaffected.

> Here is an ugly, dirty, nasty trick that I've used before... Have nALFS run:
>
> /bin/bash < /dev/tty7 > /dev/tty7 2> /dev/tty7

I'll give that a try later. Thanks.

--
Gerard Beekmans