another nALFS2 request

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 16 19:57:30 PDT 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> Tricky to implement but I'll have a think about this one. Is there any
> other occasion you can think of where this one would be useful apart
> from kernel compiling? If its just the kernel then I would say its not
> worth it but if there is sufficient call for it ...

I too have thought about this before, but it will be _very_ hard to do
well. The only possible way that I could see to do it would be for the
element that might need user input to be given a special attribute to
make it _always_ be executed using a separate pty (and some sort of window).

Like Jamie, I've not yet thought of a place that this would be useful
outside of running "make oldconfig", which has been addressed in the
official profile already with a 95% solution :-) Having a interaction
with the running profile seems kind of counter-automated to me...