[OT] committing to svn

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 16 15:30:00 PDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:20:42 +0200
Joachim Beckers <jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > When you do check out a working copy, subversion records the path to
> > the repository (including the access protocol), so that commands
> > like 'svn up' can do their thing.  This is basically why you can't
> > do an anonymous co, and expect to be able to do a ci as a registered
> > user (they use different access protocols).
> Aha, so no need for an SVNROOT variable or so... Nice.

The only thing you have to be careful of is usernames.  If your local
username is different than your belgarath username then you need to do
something slightly different:

`export SVN_SSH='ssh -l [username]'` (where 'username' is your
belgarath account).  Then the normal svn+ssh:// access should
work fine.  If this doesn't work, please don't blame me :)  It's all
here, and google never gets anything wrong :) -
http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svnusers/archive-2004-06/1321.shtml

Best regards,

Matt.