Unstable Chapter 8

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 16 07:04:12 PDT 2004

Ron wrote:

> Trying to use the svn at the command line. Typing "svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/trunk/profiles/LFS"

Where did you get that path? It's not correct. The correct checkout
command is:

svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/profiles/LFS/trunk

> returns dirctory not found, So I keep removing directories till I can get it to download which is down to the ALFS.
> Anyways, I seem to get everything which is fine except chapter 8. Is chapter 8 available or is it not there?

There is no chapter8 directory, but the profile does contain the
instructions for chapter8. Reading the README file in the profile would
have told you that :-)