requests for nALFS2

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 11 07:39:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 17:11 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> However, IMHO the "official" profile should always include digest
> checking, and should not have any conditional logic to turn it off. If
> users want to do that on their own, that's fine. Too many relative
> newbies download nALFS and the official profile (when they really
> shouldn't, but that's another issue) and this extra level of checking
> can be very useful for them.

Let me clarify this:

I totally understand digest checking items that nALFS may download as
part of its process, however, if a user has gone through the trouble of
gathering all the packages beforehand, to me, digest checking is just an
annoyance and another point of failure.  In that instance I feel that it
should be optional.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net