nALFS2 communication security

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 10 21:27:47 PDT 2004

At a minimum, nALFS2 will need to support having its communications
tunneled over ssh (which may not require anything special in nALFS2 at
all, I just wanted to get it documented).

Ideally nALFS itself could be taught to use OpenSSL to communicate when
needed, but that may be an inefficient use of our time since there are
good encrypted communication solutions already out there (OpenSSH,
OpenVPN, IPSEC, etc.).

In any case, people are going to want to be able to use this tool to
control a remote system across a public network connection, so let's
keep that in mind as we move ahead.