nALFS programming details

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 10 10:17:58 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 12:18 -0500, James Robertson wrote:
> My only comment on this is I think that selecting programming language
> now is too early.  Let's get a clear requirements definition written
> first and then with that we all can come up with the best implementation
> by language and tool sets.  Actually, if a good requirements definition
> is written, it should not matter what it is implemented in.  This will
> definitely help those folks that might want to write their own front end
> client - say for X, windoze, or a web browser.

I agree very much with James.  Some of the comments already posted have
seemed to present one language over another simply because of user
preference, and not any real technical merit.  Find out *exactly* what
you need to build, list languages that can produce what you need and
then start providing reasons why one would be a better tool in this
instance.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net