nALFS programming details

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 10 10:18:29 PDT 2004

Joachim Beckers wrote:

> I was wondering whether we should think about making nALFS2
> object-oriented. That of course requires that it would be written in
> c++, and I don't think any of us is a real c++ programmer. (I try to be
> one, but so far I've only read a couple of books about it :-)

My only comment on this is I think that selecting programming language
now is too early.  Let's get a clear requirements definition written
first and then with that we all can come up with the best implementation
by language and tool sets.  Actually, if a good requirements definition
is written, it should not matter what it is implemented in.  This will
definitely help those folks that might want to write their own front end
client - say for X, windoze, or a web browser.

James