nALFS programming details

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 10 08:25:13 PDT 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> Thats a real shame because the more I use it the more I like it. I've looked
> at the network/socket programming bit for the first time today and within an
> hour I had a client/server program communicating nicely.

Yes, this is one of the things that I like the most about using C#,
although it's not really C# that gets you this, it's the .NET Framework
libraries.

> I've read somewhere on the net that a minimal mono runtime is ~2mb mark but
> I haven't found out any more evidence of this yet. It seem like such a good
> tool for the job.

I'm not saying it's not an option :-) If there is a way to make it work
without requiring a major runtime installation I'm open to letting the
group decide what's best.