nALFS programming details

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 10 07:23:13 PDT 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> If were talking other object-orientated languages then what about C#? I've
> been playing about with it on another project (dashboard) but is it too much
> to have a dependancy on such a non-standard language? (mono).

I like C# quite a bit, it's the nicest language I've used for developing
Windows apps.

If there was an open-source compiler that could compile to native code,
for all the major CPU architectures, I wouldn't rule it out. However, I
don't think we want to mandate having to install mono on a build host
just to run nALFS2, that would be quite a burden (although mono's
runtime could be smaller than I'm expecting, I've not looked at it).