What about nALFS 1.3 and syntax 3.2???

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 9 16:13:23 PDT 2004

Thomas Pegg wrote:

> With all this talk of nALFS 2, I was wondering what is the status is on
> these, the BLFS profile really needs these available before it can
> really be released.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been trying to figure out my
plan of attack for this issue.

As it stands right now, it appears that in about 10 days or so I'll be
able to start applying some effort to nALFS 1.x again. Given the current
  condition of SVN trunk, and how long it's been since I've worked on
it, I believe I'm actually going to push the existing trunk aside
(rename it), copy the 1.2 branch over to a new trunk, and start merging
in the old trunk functionality one piece at a time.

Most likely this will mean that 1.3 will end up being released without
any major new logging functionality, but with support for syntax 3.2 and
conditional execution. The new logging functionality is just too much to
build on top of the current system, especially in light of the direction
nALFS development is going to go after that.