nALFS programming details

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 9 14:16:29 PDT 2004

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:00:29 +0200
Joachim Beckers <jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I was wondering whether we should think about making nALFS2
> object-oriented. That of course requires that it would be written in
> c++, and I don't think any of us is a real c++ programmer. (I try to
> be one, but so far I've only read a couple of books about it :-)

I was going to ask the same think myself, but didn't want to start a
language-war :)  If C++ is chosen, there is of course libxml++ - a C++
wrapper of libxml2.  Whilst not a 'real' C++ programmer by any means,
I'd love to be able to use this as an excuse to do some real work in it
for once.  Alternatively there are the more'modern' languages like
python or ruby. <fx: Matt dons his asbestos suit /> :)

Matt.