nALFS2 development

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 7 07:38:20 PDT 2004

Yann E. MORIN wrote:

> nALFSv2 shall be able to make a full cross-compilation (and not only
> x86-only cross-compiling). That would be most usefull to use for a
> target that has no OS installed.

I think this is primarily a profile issue, but any help you can provide
documenting what features nALFS itself would need to have to make this
process work would be appreciated.

> On another post, someone spoke of a minimal system to download as a
> kind of stub, to then download a full toolchain. Why not use busybox?

I agree, the minimal startup system would be busybox and nALFS, both
statically built against uClibc.

> By the way, Iwas unableto compile glibc on a uClibc-based system.
> Any one has an idea why?

I don't have any particular ideas, but I'm certainly not surprised.