nALFS2 development

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 6 21:27:52 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 21:21 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> You'll still have to have a more normal-looking system with an
> /sbin/init and other associated bits, that can at least get you chrooted
> into /tools after downloading the /tools contents from the server.

You're right.  You'd still need a few other tools. /sbin/init is a good
example.  I was trying to get a feel for what kind of size we're talking
about downloading, whether it was a conceivable pursuit, which is why I
said the /tools dir is *essentially* what is needed. ;) It would grow
with the other tools, but I don't think by a whole lot.  Any suggestions
on how to further streamline?

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net