nALFS2 development

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 6 21:21:45 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Just finished building a Chap. 5 /tools dir, which is what we would
> essentially need for the temp system, and tarred and bzipped it.  It's
> about 32M, which isn't too bad, I'd say.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe that's enough for the temp system.
Yes, it's enough to chroot into, but it's not enough to bring up a
system from kernel boot, is it?

You'll still have to have a more normal-looking system with an
/sbin/init and other associated bits, that can at least get you chrooted
into /tools after downloading the /tools contents from the server.