Chapter 6 Glibc error

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 6 20:30:31 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 22:05 -0400, Clayton Cowart wrote:
> Hey people,
>
> i am having problems compiling Glibc in chapter 6. The config and make
> go fine with no errors. When i run make install i get the following
> error.

> Any ideas as to whats wrong?? thanks

> Clayton

You running this with nALFS or are you following the book manually?
Looks like you're building the current stable book too, so any support
questions should really go to lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org.

Just as a possibility...
Did you delete the source and build dirs of glibc from chap 5 and unpack
the tarball fresh?  You should try that, I've seen a similar problem
that was fixed when unpacking a fresh source tree.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net