nALFS2 development

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 6 09:42:09 PDT 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> "In a nutshell the XmlTextReader API provides a simpler, more standard and
> more
> extensible interface to handle large documents than the existing SAX
> version."

Yes, I've use XmlTextReader in .NET applications. It's easy to work
with. I haven't implemented entity callbacks and things like that, but
they are pretty straightforward to do.

Also note that we should move to Relax-NG for profile validation in the
future, and thus validation during the profile load will be a non-issue
(well, I don't believe there's an easy way to do Relax-NG validation in
libxml2, but there may be).