nALFS2 development

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 6 07:45:38 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 16:41 +0200, Joachim Beckers wrote:
> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > If there is enough interest, we could use a volunteer to manage an area
> > on the wiki (for now it would have to be old one, until the Twiki is up
> > and running)
> I'm hate to say, but I don't agree with you, because:
>
> 1. There's no need to wait until the TWiki is up and running, because it
> already is, IMO. I've recently created an account on the Twiki to try it
> out, and it seems to work fine. (Well, the colours are a bit irritating,
> but we can adjust that :-)
>
> 2. It would be useless to put our ideas into the old wiki and then have
> to copy every single page when the TWiki becomes the official LFS wiki.
>

> Kendrick, what do you think? Any preference for the old wiki / TWiki?

That's fine, you're free to use it, but the TWiki isn't necessarily here
to stay either.  It has yet to be formally presented to the community,
it's possible that it would be rejected and completely dropped. Also,
it's currently unstable, in that we're constantly making changes to it.
You may very well wake up to it being broken one day.

As long as you keep that in mind, go ahead and use it. ;)

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net