nALFS2 development

Kendrick kendrick at linux2themax.com
Fri Aug 6 03:14:12 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Kendrick wrote:
>
>> I REALLY like this idea allot and it would allow something like the
>> hints section to be included for unusual configurations.
>> Can we make a more or less formal list of what nalfs2 should be?  ie
>> kevins idea of the nalfs and nalfsd.  This is the first time I have
>> seen that listed.  Lets get ideas on what is needed to make 2 work.
>> if nothing else a white board type of thing  for ideas?    That would
>> allow discussion on protocols and such if we know what every one is
>> thinking of.
>

> If there is enough interest, we could use a volunteer to manage an
> area on the wiki (for now it would have to be old one, until the Twiki
> is up and running) to track, record and coordinate the ideas,
> thoughts, etc. This would be useful for people to keep track of what
> has been discussed, especially for anyone who comes into the
> conversation more than 5 or 6 days from now :-)

Ill be glad to do that I would also request that members interested in
the development of nalfs2 start speaking up on features/protocols ideas
what ever is a interest for this project to run right.  ie is there a
alternative for SAX that would work better etc let us figure out what is
needed and I will get it written down

I will attempt to troll #alfs more on irc as well.  Is there any special
user you want me to use for the wiki?