nALFS2 development

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 01:01:07 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote on 06 August 2004 03:32
> Archaic wrote:
>
>> Sounds a lot like Portage meets apt-get. Cool!
>>

> Yes, along those lines. This is, however, a very large project. I think
> it would be a fantastic product, and I know there's talent around that
> could make this happen. I could probably even be convinced to allocate
> some of my time (well, my company's time), but that would require
> funding :-(

It has to happen from my point of view but doing it correctly is another
thing. I really want a good polished product that the whole community and
beyond can use rather than me hacking together some stop gap just to please
my customers. I've told them that its a 6 month project to buy me some time
but I'm sure we could knock the basics out in a month or two and go from
there if the supports about. Maybe you could convince the rest of your
company that _your_ customers _need_ it ;)

	-- Jamie