nALFS2 development

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 5 19:22:50 PDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 06:57:38PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> I missed a really important point here: I see great value in being able
> to provide a "profile repository", something that could be a public
> server (the LFS team could have one, as could anyone else), where you
> could connect using the nALFS front end of your choice and pick profile
> bits that you wanted. This could be a big project by itself, given that
> it would need to support some sort of "packages" of profile bits that go
> together, versioning, and other stuff, but it would be really, really cool.

Sounds a lot like Portage meets apt-get. Cool!

--
Archaic

"To undertake a project, as the word's derivation indicates, means to
cast the idea out ahead of oneself so that it gains autonomy and is
fulfilled not only by the efforts of its originator but, indeed,
independently of him as well"

- Cseslaw Milosz, Visions of San Francisco Bay.