A Modest Proposal

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Fri Apr 30 14:03:07 PDT 2004

I'm fairly new to LFS and ALFS so there are probably many things that
I'm not aware of.  I have been getting to know nALFS for possible use to
support a project I'm working on.  As near as I can tell nALFS is rather
like a script based build, as opposed to a dependency based build.  What
I mean, is that nALFS proceeds much like a shell script as opposed to
the way make works.

I am considering doing something make based, based on LFS, possibly
using the ALFS XML stuff.

Does anybody have any comments or pointers?

--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto