Minor problem in BELFS profile

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 30 06:13:18 PDT 2004

David Mascall wrote:

> When copying all the files to the tools "packages" dir at the start of
> chapter 5, it would appear that the BELFS profile neglects to copy the
> linux-config file required by kernel build in chapter8.

Good point, I don't use the chapter8 kernel build process so I never ran
into this one.

> Also, I know the "real name" of this file is defined in generel.ent, but
> would it make sense to call it it linux-config-kernel-version (to match the
> version of the kernel being built) so that multiple linux config files can
> be held in the source directory ? ie kernel-config-2426, kernel-config-265
> etc.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here; you can specify any name
for the source file that you want in general.ent. I will modify the
profile to copy that file from &orig_packages_dir to &packages_dir when
it copies the rest of the source files/patches; will that not be enough
for what you are trying to do?