[RFC] "Working plan" for BitKeeper usage for the ALFS team (long)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 19 09:45:41 PDT 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> Has there been any yes/no response from the powers that be on whether
> bitkeeper is going to be installed or not? I've moved all my profile
> development, along with other software projects to bitkeeper and being
> able to push them on to the server would be great.

No, but I have not specifically asked yet. I wanted to gauge the
reactions of the ALFS team (I already know the reactions of the LFS
team), Gerard has been busy, and I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to
get a new server case to Gerard so he can upgrade belgarath to a faster
CPU, more memory/disk, etc. (most of which he has already).

I really am looking forward to being able to keep a clone of the LFS
official profile with my local changes that can actually be committed,
with changelogs, etc.... can't do that right now with CVS, and it's a pain.