[RFC] "Working plan" for BitKeeper usage for the ALFS team (long)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 16 13:20:26 PDT 2004

Thomas Pegg wrote:

> Hmmm, maybe that's why I can't get it working on my system, because I am
> behind a NAT firewall, but then I haven't opened the port either.

Yes, the bkd needs to connect to some server at BitMover, and then you
have to have port 14690 open (for TCP only) for the world to be able
connect back to you using whatever IP address you use for outbound
traffic. In addition, BK_HOST must contain a DNS-resolvable name that
points back to your public IP address.

It can be done behind a NAT firewall, as long as the firewall
port-forwards 14690 to the machine you are running bkd on.