ALFS profile for BE-LFS is ready

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 16 07:54:51 PDT 2004

Reinhard wrote:

> With the new changes on belfs-profiles you can see the advantage of generating
> things like profiles. There are some tipos in the wget.lfs.urls:
> At least the gcc-3.4 - patches don't reside in linuxfromscratch.org, but
> belfs.linux-phreak.net, the flex-package is not a tar.gz, but a tar.bz2
> and the gcc-3.4.0-no_fixincludes-1.patch does have no underscore at
> belfs.linux-phreak.net.

Actually I confirmed the locations of all those patches as I was
updating the URLs. My mistake was in updating the file; I did not change
"lfs/cvs" to "downloads/gcc" for the gcc patches. These problems have
been corrected.

While I certainly can see how the script would have gotten these correct
the first time, I'm not sure I would want to use a script to generate a
complete new profile just to check for changes from the existing one.
Also, I really don't have time to compare the output from your script to
the "official" profile at this point, my spare time is being consumed by
other projects... How close is your generated profile to the one I have
built? Can you post a "diff -ur" between them, so I can see what the
differences are and we can determine whether they are important enough
to be addressed?