ALFS profile for BE-LFS is ready

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 15 16:59:20 PDT 2004

Reinhard wrote:

> I tried the BELFS-profiles with nALFS 1.2.2 - and it fails at second pass of
> gcc in chapter 5, at applying the patch gcc-3.4.0-specs-1.patch.

I don't have this problem; can you post the error you are getting?

> Also the wget.lfs.urls does not match the packages from the profile.

That's true I have not updated those as yet. I will do so shortly.

> How about naming each package and each used patch in the copy-step before
> chapter 5?

This is possible, although I have been avoiding that because eventually
the profile will have the package URLs in the XML itself and nALFS will
have a feature to pre-check them... but that's off in the future, and
something should be done now. I will update the copy-step to copy only
what it needs, which will take care of this problem.

> I added a sample like I generate with the script :)

Thanks, I will take a look.