ALFS with BELFS profile

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 15 16:56:28 PDT 2004

Thomas Beneke wrote:

> I got a failure, if I uncomment the entries in keymap.xml.
> The problem is, that the kernel-headers was removed in chapter5.
> I assume that the kernel-header files have to installed in chroot +
> /usr/src/linux-{KERNEL-VERSION} .

Actually, it's worse than that. The keymap stuff needs the actual kernel
sources, not the headers. I'll have to look into this to see what's
needed. I remember some recent discussions on lfs-dev that seemed to
imply that doing this was not really necessary at all, but I could be
misremembering due to my USA-centric thinking :-)