how will 'package-management' be implemented?

Joachim Beckers joachim.beckersNOSPAM at belgacom.net
Mon Apr 12 11:50:08 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:
<big snip>
> The v3.1 DTD supports package dependancy, the
> tool just does not use it right now.  Kevin is working on an enhanced
> logging feature with XML DTD that will go a long way to make package
> dependacies work better.
But when dependency-checking will be in place, I still think something like
<package_selections>
     <package name="bash" install="yes"/>
     <package name="binutils" install="no"/>
</package_selections>
can be useful, especially because then there can be a standard BLFS profile, and
people would only have to edit the package_selections.xml file to build their
own, custom BLFS-system.

regards

Joachim Beckers