problems with nALFS

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Fri Apr 9 10:10:00 PDT 2004

I do my testing in parallel.

With Makefile/shellscripts I passed now ch5-gcc-pass2. But I have strange
errors (input-/output error), which disables any further shell commands, so
that I have to kill the shell and start over again.
I don't know, whether this error comes from make of bash.

Using nALFS it fails at binutils-pass1 with signal 11 during configure.

I followed the hint from the faq about signal 11 - extended version -
and checked my hardware, memory check, ...
... but I could not find any error.

Also, I'm not that used to linux-dev-tools, that I would know, how to get the
trap of a child-process. Running nALFS in gdb it shows me the code, where
nALFS dies, but not if a child dies.

Does anybody have an idea, how I could track those errors?

Any hint is welcome.

Kind regards

Reinhard