nALFS CVS status update

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 4 10:30:25 PDT 2004

Reinhard wrote:

First, you are correct, there are definitely stability problems in CVS
HEAD right now. I was working on them last night when I broke my
development system, so now I have to a new LFS build for that machine so
I can get back into it.

> - nALFS traps when you fetch glibc with cvs (chapter materials / packages)
> 	the tar after cvs-fetch works well.

I'm not sure I follow this; what does "fetch glibc with cvs" mean? Are
you running a cvs command from your profile?

> - nALFS crashes if you use 'u' (that worked a few days ago)

Yes, I know about this one.

> - nALFS crashes on profile errors (the logging is fine now, so it's not that
> big problem)

Just noticed that one myself last night :-)

> - when an error occurrs inside the stage with lfs as user, nALFS is unable to
> delete the stamp-file (may be a permission-problem on using /var/log/ALFS as
> ALFS-dir)

I normally use an alfs_directory that's located in the directory where
I'm building a new system, so I've never seen this problem. Please note
it in Bugzilla with as much detail as you can so I can look into it.