Bug 757

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 1 14:37:35 PST 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> Bug 757 states that the syntax doc is missing bash equivalent for this
> code snippet
>
> <configure base="/usr/src/mypackage/">
>     <prefix>CFLAGS="..."<prefix>
>     <prefix>CXXFLAGS="..."<prefix>
>     <param>--prefix=/opt/mypackage</param>
> </configure>
>
> The current bash script example is
>
> echo Executing configure
> cd /usr/src/mypackage/
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/mypackage
>
> My noobiness with these kinds of variables shows here.  How do I modify
> the bash example to show the prefixes?
>
> James

echo Executing configure
cd /usr/src/mypackage/
CFLAGS="..." CXXFLAGS="..." ./configure --prefix=/opt/mypackage

The configure, make, execute, etc. elements (all those that take prefix
and parameter elements and construct a command line) have three pieces
of information they use to make their final command string: the list of
prefix parameters, the command itself (which may just be the default for
that element) and a list of param parameters. They are appended together
in that order to produce the command that is run.