[VOTE] Re: directory-handling with nALFS

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Fri Apr 2 10:08:27 PST 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 16:59, James Robertson wrote:
> Reinhard wrote:
> > On Friday 02 April 2004 01:02, James Robertson wrote:
> >>+1 for leave it alone.  I like the error and can easily use the parents
> >>option
> >
> > Hello James,
> >
> > could you please explain me the benefit of the error?
>
> Mostly for logging purposes.  I want to know either way.  I don't see
> the need to suppress any informational message.

8-D	that's quite a different issue!
I very like logging too, but that's no reason to raise an error.
In case that the directory has already been created (by a former run)
it's easy to add a log-message telling you about the situation.
So you have your log-entry and the process needs not to fail/stop.

Could that be a compromise?

> Put all your requests into Bugzilla as enhancement requests at
> http://bugs.linuxfromscratch.org.  You will need to create an account
> first if you have not done so already.  Anyone can enter a bug.  That
> way we can vote there if we need to, or at least have a good reference
> for discussion.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Kind regards

Reinhard