questions about nALFS

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 2 05:40:07 PST 2004

Reinhard wrote:

> Kevin, is your "todo"-list or roadmap publicly available?

The "todo" list is primarily in Bugzilla, at least for all the things
that will happen in the near future.

> - exists something like a screenplay for nALFS?

I don't know what this means :-)

> - the current handler for search_replace uses "selfwritten" replaces. This
> handler could not search for patterns. How about to change it to use the
> system's sed?

This has been a topic of discussion recently; I don't know whether it
would be better to use sed for this, or just build nALFS against the
regex or PCRE libraries and do the search-replace with regexes in nALFS
itself.

> - also I like to repeat my question about filename-handling for search/
> replace:
> Don't know, why most occurences of sed don't use the -i option but copy the
> file away and use different files for in and out (may be cause of
> sideeffects) - but sometimes sed is used with 2 really different files. One
> to read from and the other to write to.

I think this is probably a good idea, making the output file path
optional would work. Please enter an enhancement request in Bugzilla so
we won't forget about it.