questions about nALFS

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Thu Apr 1 21:18:27 PST 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 15:32, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> (We do have a Bugzilla system for this type of thing as well Reinhard,
> you should probably check that out :-))

I'll check it out.

Kevin, is your "todo"-list or roadmap publicly available?

I've lot of questions related to nALFS ...
only few here:

- exists something like a screenplay for nALFS?

- the current handler for search_replace uses "selfwritten" replaces. This
handler could not search for patterns. How about to change it to use the
system's sed?

- also I like to repeat my question about filename-handling for search/
replace:
Don't know, why most occurences of sed don't use the -i option but copy the
file away and use different files for in and out (may be cause of
sideeffects) - but sometimes sed is used with 2 really different files. One
to read from and the other to write to.
What do you think about the possibility to be able to specify such in an nALFS
profile? (i.e. something like *infile* and *outfile*)

tbc...

Kind regards

Reinhard