wrong profile on downloads.linuxfromscratch.org

Alan Lord lord_alan at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 00:14:43 PST 2003

Mark" <mark at __nospam__.co.uk> wrote in message
news:hl8fsv4h85bbrbtoanh4odk8cb09d3uenc at 4ax.com...
> >FWIW, i found one other place that needed ammending...
> >
> >chapter06/configure.xml: line 10:
> >The linux version/dir name is hardcoded into the
> >keymaps routine. Needs changing to an entity reference.
> >

> Well spotted.
>
> For the record, it should read:
> > &linux-src-location;/&linux-directory;/drivers/char/defkeymap.c
>
> In my own profile, I build the kernel in &build_dir; along with
> everything else. I have also moved the loadkeys command to the kernel
> build file (config/kernel.xml). The rationale being that it always
> gets executed even when running kernel.xml alone (for a kernel upgrade
> perhaps). It's not precisely "by the book", so I omitted from my
> posted modifications. Any thoughts on this: good/bad idea for the
> official profile?
>
> --

As I live in the UK and our keyboards are allways
different from the USA I normally do this as well.

I also use a devfs enabled kernel - but that is another
story/thread.

And I don't bother building the kernel with GCC-2.95 or
whatever it is. Since GCC 3.3 I've never had a kernel build
not work for me..

Al