wrong profile on downloads.linuxfromscratch.org

Mark mark at __nospam__.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 11:54:27 PST 2003

>FWIW, i found one other place that needed ammending...
>
>chapter06/configure.xml: line 10:
>The linux version/dir name is hardcoded into the
>keymaps routine. Needs changing to an entity reference.

Well spotted.

For the record, it should read:
> &linux-src-location;/&linux-directory;/drivers/char/defkeymap.c

In my own profile, I build the kernel in &build_dir; along with
everything else. I have also moved the loadkeys command to the kernel
build file (config/kernel.xml). The rationale being that it always
gets executed even when running kernel.xml alone (for a kernel upgrade
perhaps). It's not precisely "by the book", so I omitted from my
posted modifications. Any thoughts on this: good/bad idea for the
official profile?