wrong profile on downloads.linuxfromscratch.org

Alan Lord lord_alan at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 10:42:14 PST 2003

"Mark" <mark at __nospam__.co.uk> wrote in message
news:8g6csv4aanb9at2fssasb33v2fjjluoa9m at 4ax.com...
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 07:33:44 -0700, "Kevin P. Fleming"
> <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
> >Mark wrote:
> >> Although the profile is very good, there are a several minor problems
> >> with it. Only a couple affect (or have the potential to affect) the
> >> "end product". If anyone is interested, I will post the modifications
> >> I have made.
> >
> >Sure, go ahead. We can continue to update the profile as time goes by,
> >it does not have to be a "static" thing.
>
> See attached.
> These are the modifications:
>
> chapter05/settingenviroment.xml: line 11:
> Changed hard coded LFS environment variable to use entity.
>
> chapter05/settingenviroment.xml:
> Added unset CC CXX CPP LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_PRELOAD as in book.
======================snip===============================
Hi,

I've just built a new ALFS profile based on the latest CVS (27/11/03) and
used the 5.0 base profile + your comments - thanks.

FWIW, i found one other place that needed ammending...

chapter06/configure.xml: line 10:
The linux version/dir name is hardcoded into the
keymaps routine. Needs changing to an entity reference.

Hope this helps.

Al

PS. If anyone wants the CVS profile drop me an email and I'll send it by
return.