wrong profile on downloads.linuxfromscratch.org

Joachim Beckers joachim.beckersNOSPAM at belgacom.net
Thu Nov 27 11:24:37 PST 2003

hi,

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Joachim Beckers wrote:
>
>> i've changed the packages.ent file so that all packages are tar.bz2
>> i've also changed the checksums for the entries that i changed
>>
>> the last thing i've changed is the .wget file
>> it has now only a link to the tarball in it
>>
>> i would like to repeat that this profile i made is only for use with
>> the lfs 5.0 tarball
>> there's absolutely nothing wrong with the original 5.0 profile
>

> OK, if you don't mind please email me (off-list) the new packages.ent
> file and the new wget script and I'll update the official profile on the
> LFS server.
mark has already posted a new profile in this newsgroup
it's based on my profile, so you can use that one

> The "official" profile should work with the "official"
> tarball whenever possible, but that tarball didn't exist yet when David
> was building this profile.
i don't agree with you on this point
i think there should be two separate profiles: one for use with the tarball and
one for use with the individual packages
what's your opinion?

regards

joachim