wrong profile on downloads.linuxfromscratch.org

Joachim Beckers joachim.beckersNOSPAM at belgacom.net
Tue Nov 25 12:57:51 PST 2003

hi,

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Joachim Beckers wrote:
[..]

> Can you expand upon "doesn't work"? Other people have downloaded this
> profile and apparently not had troubles with it.

i'm sorry i wasn't clear about this "doesn't work"

the packages in the official lfs 5.0 tarball are all in tar.bz2 format.
in the packages.ent file some packages are tar.bz2 and some tar.gz
this means that all packages that are tar.gz in packages.ent won't be recognised
by nALFS so it returns an error

i've changed the packages.ent file so that all packages are tar.bz2
i've also changed the checksums for the entries that i changed

the last thing i've changed is the .wget file
it has now only a link to the tarball in it

i would like to repeat that this profile i made is only for use with the lfs 5.0
tarball
there's absolutely nothing wrong with the original 5.0 profile

regards

joachim