X stuff

Thomas Pegg lnxfreak123 at insightbb.com
Mon Nov 24 15:49:51 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 17:23, David Barron wrote:
> I'd really like to see what you have for GNOME.
<snip>

Ok, they're located at this address:
http://home.insightbb.com/~lnxfreak123/alfs/gnome-2.4.1-profiles.tar.bz2

Some notes:
First you'll have to download the GNOME sources seperately, from one of
the various mirrors, download all the files in
<mirror address>/GNOME/desktop/2.4/2.4.1/sources/
You'll want to get the .tar.bz2 versions since that's what is in the
profiles, plus they're smaller.
Also for the profile to work properly you need to store all the tarballs
into "<your folder for sources>/gnome/2.4.1"
(ex. /home/tomp/src/gnome/2.4.1)

There are a few packages that are needed that are not located in that
directory, specifically:
libgsf
libcroco
gnome-audio
I believe that's all of them.
I'd recommend using the versions I have in the ent/version/blfs-pt6.ent
file located in the tarball.

When you unpack the tarball, there will be a few directories under the
gnome directory.

In the ent directory there is a file blfs.ent, you'll want to open this
and adjust several of the entities that are in that file. Then in the
version directory below that you may want to change one entity that's in
the blfs-pt6.ent, specifically the gnome-prefix entity, I have it set to
/usr, which is where I put gnome on my system, if you want to put gnome
in say /opt/gnome-2.4 or such I would suggest following the pre-install
section for GNOME in BLFS CVS.

I think that's everything you need to know to get things working, if not
please feel free to e-mail me.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729