problem with tst-gettext

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 23 07:18:28 PST 2003

tqbfjotld wrote:

> I noticed that runit calls /usr/bin/nALFS whereas it is located in
> /usr/local/bin/nALFS.

Yes, there are some in the LFS-5.0 profile that need to be corrected,
this is one of them.

> It is true that list of packages in package.ent and in the tarball with
> all packages differs. Some are .tar.gz in the first and .tar.bz2 in the
> other one.

I will work with David to get the profile updated to match the
"standard" tarball.

> -: make[2]: *** [/tools/build/glibc-build/intl/tst-gettext.out] Error 1
> -: make[2]: Leaving directory `/tools/build/glibc-2.3.2/intl'
> -: make[1]: *** [intl/tests] Error 2
> -: make[1]: Leaving directory `/tools/build/glibc-2.3.2'
> -: make: *** [check] Error 2

This is not an ALFS-related problem, it's actually an LFS build failure.
Check the FAQ/list archives to see if this problem has been reported,
and if not report it to lfs-support.